Thursday, April 21, 2011

Lucky to be me

The kids have been in their new "old" school for 1 week now. Caden has blended right in with everyone and its like he has always gone there. Haylee just loves it there, and is very happy to be back. Shelby is having a little tougher time, and is trying to makes friends but its not easy when there are already established "groups" there. I have been there done that many many times, so I know how she feels. I have told her to be friends with everyone, and don't talk bad about anyone. She has a couple of friends to hang out with, and one boy she thinks is gay, lol. I told her the gay boy will probably end up being the best friend she'll ever have. She says hes kind and loyal, so who cares if he ends up being gay? I totally agree. Shes a good kid, and really thinks about things.

Colby went to the movies last week with a girl. EEEEEKK!! Her grandparents sat a few rows above them, so he just held her hand the whole time. He paid for her to get in, so I guess it was his first date. OYE!!!!
He came home and was so happy, but the next day she broke up with him. I thought he'd be in a horrible mood, but he already had a new girlfriend the very next day, lol. So not too devastated.......thats the life of a teenage boy.

Cavin and Chase have been so cute lately playing together. It cracks me up when they lower their voices in order to be a new character they are playing. When they watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse they do the hotdog dance together. Even Travis tries to do it with them. They jump up and down and flap their arms. Travis just flaps his arms and bends his knees. They are so fun. Sometimes I look at them all and think wow, how did I get so lucky to have 7 kids sooo different, yet so awesome in their own unique way. And Scott. My rock. He's the one who can talk me through anything. I feel so lucky to be me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment