Sunday, March 18, 2012

That time of the month?

So Shelby is gonna kill me for posting this but I just had to!

Today we're in the kitchen and Haylee is asking me questions from the living room. She has been asking questions about growing up lately, and I always tell my kids the answers to what they are curious about. Even if it's uncomfortable. So anyway, she says......Mom? Ummm how old were you......um when....um how old were you when.....(staring at Shelby and quickly switching gears) had your first baby?

I was 19 hun.

She's still staring at Shelby who is fixing herself a drink not really paying attention to what Haylee is saying. That's when Haylee realizes Shelby's not listening, so she just blurts out......

How old were you when you started your first period?

I was 12. Usually you start when your mother did.

So now her stare at Shelby turns into a very comical look as she's trying her best not to bust out laughing. That's when I look up from washing dishes and see her looking at her 12 year old sister.

And that's when Shelby gets it.

MOM!!! OMG Don't tell her that!

So now we are all 3 laughing and it's something I will always (sorry Shelby) remember.....

1 comment:

  1. ohhhhhhh the dreaded 12 lol !! i am so happy you can talk to your kids lol when i was a kid it was never talked about lol ps love you

    ReplyDelete