Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas 2011

Christmas was very different this year. In a new house, it felt so strange. This is a temporary home for us, and it just didn't feel like Christmas here.

I tried to make it special for the kids and I am pretty sure it was. On Christmas Eve, we made cookies for Santa, and Haylee wrote him a note before going to bed.



Now she knows Santa only brings 1 gift for every good child, so she was really pushin it this year.....here's your cookies Santa, now gimmie my presents!!!!

Since I am sure she doesn't have much longer till Santa will be not so real for her.....I didn't get on her too bad.....but still....there are starving children in Africa.....right?

So Christmas morning came, and I could hear the kids outside my bedroom door discussing if they should come in and chance waking up the baby, or just waiting until we came out. They cracked open the door, and we pretended to be asleep. Evil, I know, but soooo much fun! The next time they peeked at us we couldn't control our giggles and they knew we had been faking. So I gave the go ahead to check out the stockings.




Looks like a lot when they are all lined up like that.......LOL

Then onto the tree....



They tore through their presents and were soooo excited for their gifts. I took pictures, but they are all on a throw away camera, and I gotta get the film developed.

After presents we headed over to my moms for breakfast. She had everything all ready for me so I cook make omelets for everyone. We visited with my parents, grandma Tryon, grandma great, uncle Dean and Liz, Matthew, Lindy and her girlfriend, and even got to see my sister Kim and Dave who brought Logan and Jaedyn.

Here's my dad with Colby




We left with very full bellies and went home to grab a few items before our movie started. One of those items was Anna, Colby's girlfriend, who joined our crazy family for our traditional Christmas outing. We saw
We bought a Zoo which was a great family movie.

After the movie the kids couldn't wait to get home to play with all their new toys. So we dropped Anna off at her house and came home. We usually have a turkey dinner on Christmas night, but it just didn't happen this year. See? Everything was just off this year.....but the kids all enjoyed Christmas, and I know next year everything will be great.

1 comment:

  1. It was a fun Christmas morning and thank you so much for omelet cooking and for your help with g-ma great!!!!! love you

    ReplyDelete