Thursday, December 15, 2011

What a night

Last night I caught Colby on the phone at 11:07. He is not allowed to be on the phone after 9:00 on school nights, and he had just got reminded of this rule the night before, as he was on it until almost 10.
His cell phone broke last week so he has been dying (woe is him) and now is constantly on our house phone.  He got mad because I unplugged the phone while he was downstairs talking, so he comes upstairs like nothing is wrong, and casually plugs it back in. I told him he is now grounded from the phone. He wanted me to let him get back on the phone to call his girlfriend  Anna back to let her know he won't be able to call her again. It is now 11:30, and I am very sleepy and getting mad. I told him no- go to bed. So he stomps off and goes downstairs. I let the dogs out, turn off the computer and lights, let the dogs back in and go upstairs to bed. I am in bed for maybe 5 minutes, when I hear him downstairs. He gets back on the phone and called Anna back!

I sit up in bed, furious, and that's when my baby wakes up. It's now midnight and I am extremely tired. So I get up and feed the baby and 45 minutes later check on my son who is now asleep in his bed. I decide to go back to bed and deal with it in the morning. At 2:30, my baby wakes up crying again, and doesn't go back to sleep till 3:22. Then at 5:00 a.m my hubby gets home from work and the baby starts stirring again, but I managed to get him back to sleep by rocking and giving him his Binky. At 7:10, Colby comes in my room to tell me his alarm didn't go off and he has now missed the bus. I think he just over slept because he was up so late on the dang phone!

He ends up missing 2 classes at school because I couldn't take him until I took the rest of the kids to their school. He admits he got back on the phone again after he had already been caught once. I am at a loss. The hard part is, I love his girlfriend Anna. She's really really nice, and he is so happy with her. So now I have to think of a punishment. I am exhausted, but life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment