Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 18

It has been 18 days since Scott left for New Mexico. Everyone tells me they don't know how I do it with 8 kids by myself, but the truth is I have always done it by myself. Even when Scott is here he is usually gone during the days, so it is usually just me and the kids. But this time it is different. This is the longest we have ever been apart, and I miss him terribly. If he continues on this work schedule of being gone for over a month at a time, I just may consider moving out of state so we could be closer to him. It sure would make him happy.

I do not mean to complain about this job. Complaining solves nothing. It is a great job and he has a boss who is very good to us. It's just the hours and days away from us that hurt. We have gone through job losses before, and are very thankful to have this one, because with a family as large as ours, jobs that can support us are hard to come by. He will be home soon, and we will all be happy to see him.

All I know is today, at this moment, I sure do miss him.

1 comment:

  1. oh i hope that he doesnt have to stay gone a month at a time i dont know what it would be like living in new mexico lol i wonder if i could sell hats there!!!!!!!!!!!! just sayin lol

    ReplyDelete