Thursday, October 6, 2011

Home

Here I am, sneaking a moment away from my house to use my mom's computer. I listen to her talking to my grandma Tryon, the subject yarn of course, and realize how comfortable I am here. My parents have only lived in this house for a short while, yet its amazing how this house has become 100 % them in such a short period of time. It just proves that no matter where you live, home is where your family is.
We moved around a lot when I was a kid. Its funny how I don't think of all the different homes we lived in when I think of  "home". I think of the smells. Of feelings. Tacos cooking in the kitchen. My mom playing old fashioned Christmas music while we decorate the Christmas tree. Feeling so safe and warm. Knowing I was loved. 
And that what I hope my kids feel every day.

1 comment:

  1. I love you Susie , it is the people that make the house a home and your house is always going to have great memories for your kids !!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete