Sunday, November 20, 2011

Yesterday was plain awful

You can say that again.......

It was the kinda day that I am thankful doesn't come along that often. I have been trying to catch up on laundry for 2 days, and had done about 11 loads. I need to buy some new towels because ours are literally falling apart, but after 10 years, I do believe we got our moneys worth out of them. I have been having to make sure I wash certain items every day, or they won't be there the next for whomever needs them. The little boys pants as well. They are wearing the same size, so I am in short supply. I usually do 2-3 loads a day no matter what, and I have still managed to fall behind. I was happy to see the floor in the laundry room again, and was busy with the baby and trying to stuff the dishwasher full as possible because I only had enough soap for 2 loads, knowing I wouldn't make it to the store until Monday when Scott goes back working nights and I get my car back.

Sharing 1 car sucks btw........

Anyways, I hear this weird pounding. Like we were being hit with a hail storm. I stare at the windows while Chason is yelling over and over again.

It's waining in da house.
It's waining in da house.

That's when I turn around and see water gushing out of the light fixture and onto the wood floors in the living room. I had Troy in his big toy almost under the water. Water is splashing off of the floor and hitting him in the legs and all over his toys. I run upstairs to the bathroom where I find Haylee yelling, I'm cleaning it mom! I'm cleaning it mom!

All I see is an inch of water on the floor, seeping out into the hallway on the carpet, every single clean towel we own on the floor floating, and water constantly pouring out of the toilet.

I'm cleaning it mom! -Haylee
It's waining in da house! -Chason
Ewwwww! That's toilet water?? -Shelby
Shelby, grab some bowls! -me

That's whats going on over and over while I am turning the water off to the back of the toilet and trying not to vomit from the smell. So I run back downstairs, move the baby, empty the bowls and put them back because its still waining in da house. I go back up to the bathroom, tell Haylee to wring out all the towels in to the tub, grab the plunger, and try many many times to get it unclogged. After 30 minutes with no luck, I move onto cleaning. I go downstairs to get the bathroom cleaners from under the sink, peek on the waterfall in the living room and was happy to see it had finally stopped, and I realize I now have a ton of large bowls and no dishwasher soap. Awesome. I turn on the light in the pantry to grab some plastic sacks, when Shelby's cat looks up at me then bolts. I look down to where she was standing and realize she has now shredded all my plastic sacks and pissed on them. Cat urine? Really? Life is soooo good sometimes it simply amazes me.

Chason is still dancing around the house chanting in his underware, because I was just about to bathe all the boys before the chaos started. I try a couple more times to plunge the toilet when Scott calls. "Hey babe, how's your night going"? I was close to tears before and now they are welling up in my eyes. The baby starts crying as if he knew he had to beat me to the punch. I start my shpill about what an exciting life I lead when Shelby walks in and tells me to hand her the baby and kids shampoo. She says shes gonna take them down to her room and bathe all the boys for me. Bless her. So I finish up cleaning in the bathroom, scrub my hands, then make the baby his bottle. I feed him, lay him down, try 1 last time to plunger the toilet......and it worked! Yay! I had Colby downstairs mopping away and Shelby had all the boys dressed in their jammies. I kissed them goodnight, threw in a load of laundry, gathered up all the toys that were in the living room and put them in the sink, then cloroxed my pantry.

So now its Sunday morning, I have 4 more loads of laundry to do, a sink full of dishes, and no car to go to the store and get more soap. So I will make due with what I have, buck up and keep a smile on my face. All I have to think of is Chason dancing in his underware. It's waining in da house!

1 comment:

  1. i love you susie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your mom

    ReplyDelete